Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Saturday 25 July 2015

It's the weekend!

Saturday mornings I have my small group who I swim with prior to taking the kids to weekend netball. This morning it was much nicer in the pool with a balmy 25.5 deg, much better than the 22 deg from last week where I had to wear my wetsuit!

I was feeling a little tired in the shoulders from yesterdays solid swim so pulled this swim up at 3100m, but it was a nice session and a great start to the weekend.

After I finished with the kids netball I headed out for my long run, which I cut a bit short today due to having to race a 10km event Sunday morning as the 4 min/km pacer. I ran a nice flat out and back 9km loop into the marina at target IM pace (around 4:30 min/km).

My goal for the run in Kona is to average 4:30 - 4:35 min/km which would give me a 3:09 -3:15 marathon time. It may seem a little ambitious but I think that my body has that time in it if I get the training correct, pace the bike well and have no nutrition issues. I have previously run a 3:19 in IM Melbourne where I paced the bike well and took the run out very conservatively and finished it really strong. So I think that now with an extra 3 years of endurance in my legs and experience I can aim for this and achieve it, I just need to really work on my bike strength so I get off the bike feeling OK and also my run strength so I can knock out 4:30 min kilometers anytime I run without even thinking about it.

Summary of my run, which you can see is nice and consistent;


I felt a little tired from it but overall pretty good and confidant I can pace the run tomorrow comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment