Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Sunday 23 August 2015

DAMN RAIN!

I was feeling a little tired in the legs from yesterdays run so slept in for an extra hour before heading out for my planned 5hr ride and I'm glad that I did!

The weather reports all week have been talking up a big rain from tot come through on Sunday, but had said it would come through in the afternoon. Unfortunately it cam though Newcastle at 6am!

I got all dressed, loaded up the bike and pockets and as I pulled out of the driveway it started to rain. A quick check of the radar confirmed my worst fears....


This meant that I was back into the garage and in for a mind numbing morning on the trainer!

I wasn't able to complete 5hrs as planned, 3.5hrs and I had enough. I got through 2 episodes of Orange is the new black and the morning sports updates, but couldn't take anymore.

Next week is the final weekend of kids netball with only 1 game at 9:30 as my oldest daughters team was knocked out in the semis, so I will be able to swing my long rides onto Saturdays from then which will be great. I can then execute a good long ride on Saturday and then long run on Sunday morning which is much more like the race fatigue rather than trying to do long 5-6hr rides on sore legs from long runs.

Next week I might head out at 11am for the long ride and get my nose into the wind a bit too, so I can  mentally prepare for dealing with the wind while riding.

Not a bad ride, a little low on TSS and longer would have been better;


No comments:

Post a Comment