Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Friday 21 August 2015

Tempo run & swim

I'm transitioning from more speed focused running work to tempo & race pace focus, which allows me to keep pushing out the k's, not stress the body too much and get that race pacing ingrained. I don't allow myself to run any faster than 4min/k's now so that I minimise the risk of injury.

This Friday's run involved;

15 min warm up
3 x 10 min @ tempo effort
15 min cool down

Total distance for the run was 14.7km and it felt great.

Tempo run link

I'm feeling great leading into this weekend.

After work I completed a 2500m swim which was a shortened version of my planned 3500m due to going out for a fundraising dinner with the Team Prawn families. One of the guys is doing the Gold Coast to Newcastle cancer council ride so we had a fundraising night at one of our sponsors, The Premier Hotel in Broadmeadow, Newcastle.

My wife is feeling much better so she was really keen to go and  catch up with everyone and we were leaving at 6pm so my swim was shortened unfortunately but is is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment