Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Thursday 20 August 2015


My rides are increasing in time now that I'm into the big key phase of the training block, this mornings ride was 2:23hr and I will be trying to find time to get these up to 3hrs if possible.

I executed the planned ride nicely and felt comfortable holding the wattages that I was targeting. I was aiming to build through the ride and finish with my last 20min interval closer to HIM power.

My targeted intensities and the results are shown below;


Pretty happy with the numbers, although slightly down on what I planned when I set out the plan for the week, but I'm a little fatigued and have a few solid days coming up so didn't want to over do things.

                            

Ride link

In the afternoon I went for my usual aerobic run while the kids were at netball training. This week I was not so fatigued and sore so I aimed at running it closer to the pace which I am aiming for in the race. Average pace for the run was 4:40 min/km which is pretty close and I didn't want to go much faster, considering my key sessions are coming up in the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment