Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Week 2 of Kona build.....

After my rest and recovery day I was back into it this morning.

I changed things around a little and planned the swim session first up in the morning so that I could make sure that I did a quality session. I find that if I swim in the afternoon the pool is too busy, where there are only 2 lanes available due to the swimming lesson groups etc.

Then you have up to 8-10 people in a lane, often with 2-3 who can't really swim and are doing breast stroke, so the session is often a mess. In the mornings I have a lane to myself and I can get a full quality session done, but it just means that I have to get on the trainer in the afternoon rather than being out on the road.

I have noticed that my shoulders are feeling the volume increase and workload so I decided to dial the session back from 3.8 - 4km to 3.5km just to make sure I don't over do things and develop any injury concerns. I don't have any issues, but my lack of consistency of swimming throughout the year means that I can't just ramp up to 12k or so of swimming per week straight away, so I will just be careful and gradually build.

In the afternoon I completed the planned bike session on the trainer;


Session went well and as per plan, but just dropped 2 of the 2 min hard intervals as I had to cook dinner for the family and do homework with the kids.

A good day and back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment