Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Sunday 16 August 2015

Long ride day

A sensational morning this morning for the long ride, I didn't need leg warmers, only a vest and arm warmers which were dispatched to the pockets half way!

I went out with a mate and fellow Kona competitor who lives nearby and we headed from Newcastle down to the Entrance on the central coast and return.

My planned ride involved some 40/20 min intervals at IM and HIM power, but Ben's was 2 x 10min intervals at 5 min under and 5 min over IM power so I just swapped and did the same ride as him. It's all much the same anyway.

Execution of the ride went really well and I'm now holding my planned numbers quire comfortably. I didn't really feel a great deal of fatigue towards the end of the ride, only hunger!

The distance was a little shorter than planned but I'm not concerned about that at the moment, the next few weeks will be the rides which I will push the distance out to 180km or so.


No run after this ride though as spent the rest of the day with family who are returning back overseas and we will not get to see them for at least another year, so best to spend some quality time with family.

Only one more commitment left that has been arranged in the middle of my preparation and that is a friends bucks night next Saturday night! Although I will not be drinking as I cannot afford to have a big night on the sauce at this stage of my preparation, it will ruin a week of so of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment