Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Saturday 15 August 2015

Swim Saturday....

A beautiful morning for my swim this morning and with the pool temp at 25.5deg it was a great swim.

I pushed off the wall in darkness as the sun was about to start peeping over the horizon and it rose with a brilliant sunrise as I went through my session, a great morning.

I completed 4km which consisted of;

800 W/U
8 x 50 as 25 hard/25 easy
6 x 200 (free/paddle/paddle & buoy)
100 easy
10 x 100 on 1:45 (5 with paddle/5 free)
500 aerobic cool down swim

Off to netball for the last competition game for the girls, then semi finals next week. I'm secretly looking forward to that being over and a few weeks of no kids sporting commitments leading into Kona!

For my afternoon run, I got changed and headed out the door at 2pm but the weather had turned into a fairly ordinary rainy and cold day.

My run involved a whole 100m max I think!

As I was out the front of home and heading off, it was miserable and I just wasn't in a good headspace. My body was tired and I think that I was both physically and emotionally drained from the past 2-3 weeks of stress, both physical and mental. I just could face the prospect of running 2hrs wet and cold again so I turned around and went back inside to curl up on the lounge with my wife under a warm blanket.

It turned out that this was probably the best thing as I really enjoyed the break form the weather and I had no feelings of regret at all. This will recharge me to keep pushing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment