Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Friday 14 August 2015

Soreness, fatigue and blistered!

I headed out the door at 5am this morning for my planned run and the weather is still quite cold, I'm looking forward to summer more than I ever have I think!

My legs, and particularly my calves are still very sore and I didn't feel up to a taxing run at all. I'm also feeling this blister on my small toe quite painfully, so the process of getting moving was a challenge this morning!

I switched focus for the run from completing 3 x 8 mins at pace with 2 min recovery to an aerobic recovery run. I need to make sure that I am good to execute the weekend sessions coming up in the next 2 days, as these are a key sessions and more important to hit them.

Summary for the run....


Link to workout - http://tpks.ws/Ejrj

In the afternoon after work I completed a nice recovery style swim of 2000m also. I felt like I needed to just get in the water and turn it over and help to flush my muscles by getting the blood flowing.
The swim wasn't anything too much to report about, just 1km aerobic and then some 200's.

Then it was off home to a yummy dinner of chinese dumplings from a nice little dumpling shop near our home and an early night to prepare for the weekend.

These were washed down with plenty of water, unlike my normal Friday night routine of a 2 cold ciders! I am finding now that even 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks really affects me the next morning as my body is pretty close to the limit at the moment and I need to be careful and fuel it properly to prepare for the next couple of days, otherwise I fall into a bad cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment