Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Sunday 2 August 2015

Long ride Sunday!

Today's plan was for a 5hr ride with around 300TSS to start bringing in the endurance part of my Kona block. This was my first ride of over 3hrs for a long while so very much needed in the legs.

Leaving home I'm sure I woke up some of the neighbors with my giggling as I headed down the street and the temperature was 13 degrees with a nice warm gentle breeze from the west! I had to offload some of my warm gear in a mates front yard after a couple of hours as it wasn't needed, spring is on the way!!

My ride went really well, exactly to plan with 2-3hrs of rolling hills for strength and then I finished off the ride holding close to ironman power for a couple of hours. I was pleasantly surprised how good I felt and completed the ride in good form all the way to the finish, only starting to fatigue in the last 10-15 mins.

My ironman power is usually around 200 watts and I was not trying to hold that, but around 180-190 watts and complete a good 5hrs on the bike. My normalized power for the ride was 185 watts, which was very satisfying and I am very happy with where my fitness is for this stage of my Kona preparations.


I really wanted to do a 10km run off the bike, however when I got home I needed to get the kids out of the house and give my wife a rest as they were getting on her nerves and not helping out around the house, so I made them come grocery shopping with me.

In the afternoon I took the kids up to the pool and made them do some exercise while I did an easy aerobic 2.5km recovery swim.

On the way out I got more indication that spring is on the way.....



Today was a productive day, and I am really happy with how I feel and how things are progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment