Title

My 2015 Kona Ironman World Champs Training

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Winter just won't quit!

Rolling out the driveway this morning it was a fresh 5 degrees and when out along the low lying areas it was 3 degrees! I just wish this winter would be over already, but at least it's not raining I guess. I don't know how people in Melbourne or New Zealand ride through winter, it must be miserable.

My training has switched slightly now for the bike where I am building on my endurance and working on holding the target IM power comfortably for long periods in preparation for the event.

Today's ride consisted of the following session;




IM consolidation ride link

I was able to execute the session pretty much right on plan which is pleasing. My power is slightly below what the podium guys in my age group are hitting but that's life, I will just work on improving my performance and see where that leaves me.

I am aiming to ride around 205w NP for the course which should get me around a 5hr ride and at this stage of my preparation that is wholly achievable, I just need to complete the workload well over the next 4-6 weeks to consolidate my ability to hold these numbers for long periods.

My second session for the day was an aerobic lunchtime run around the hills near my workplace. This run is a great strength run and I see it as the mortar which holds the blocks together, where the blocks are my quality runs sessions done in the mornings and my long run on the weekends. This run just complements them and adds that extra aerobic conditioning and toughness in the legs.


Link to run file

A good day of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment